Saturday, March 19, 2011

Another Crafty Blogger

I know. Just what the world needs, right? Another crafty blogger. Not only that, but I really don't know how this Blogger thing works. But hey, ignorance never stopped me before! So here goes...

For the last two weeks I've spent my free time deciding a name and creating a header for my blog. (I'm hoping the rest of this blogging stuff goes a lot faster or I won't have any time left to craft.) After digging around on the internet I found this fabulous site, http://shabbyblogs.com with 100% free blogwear. Really great quality stuff. I highly recommend it. So I downloaded a header and changed a few details and added my title and name and put it on the blog page and... It.  Just.  Wasn't.  Me. So... I found this site, http://www.shabbymissjenndesigns.com with the most wondrously fantastic digital scrappy stuff evver. After mulling over the selections for days I finally chose a blogwear set for an extremely reasonable price. I downloaded it, changed a few details and added my title and name and put it on the blog page and... It.  Just.  Wasn't.  Me.

So... after much ado, the above header you now see is me. And it was made from the first card I would like to share with you. It's a stair step card. (Google "stair step card" for how-to.)

It's hard to see the "steps" so here is each one separately.
This is the 1st step,

then the 2nd,

then the 3rd. This is the photo I made my banner from.

And here's the card folded to place in the envelope.

I used Cricut's Walk in My Garden cartridge along with a McGill punch for the flowers and Cricut's Give a Hoot cartridge for the phrase. Everything was cut from K&Company's Que Sera Sera Designer Paper Pad. I love this paper pad, it cuts great in the Cricut and the textures and colors really enhance plain jane diecuts. It's been out for quite a while now but you can still buy it. Also added a little bling and rickrack. Other than that it just took a reeeally loooong time to make but I think it will make a great Mother's Day card this year! I welcome any comments, questions, or suggestions and thank you for visiting my Paper Oasis!
Cindy

8 comments:

  1. love your card, hope you are going to do videos , i am a visual learner.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your banner. I went to free site and grabbed mine. I never did figure it all out. For my online store I bought a banner. I like your better.
    Terri
    http://ramblingsofatexascraftroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy - I love your card. Good luck with your blog!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy....love your card with all the wonderful colors. Great job on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy -- your card is just beautiful! The world does need another crafty blogger with your talent! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing.... and I look forward to watching your blog. I'm your newest follower.

    Buffie
    http://scrappingwithbuffie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad I stumbled across your blog......

    ReplyDelete